Do you ever find yourself stuck in a rut? Do you feel stuck at work or maybe you feel stuck in a relationship? We all have those moments where we feel stuck in our lives. You see for me, I had been feeling stuck for a while now. Stuck in my same position at my job. Stuck living in my house, when all I really want to do is move. Stuck in the past in my relationship and feeling like we are not moving forward. I was feeling so stuck in so many areas of my life that I was starting to get depressed. I needed some change, something, anything!
Please note that this post may contain affiliate links, and I may earn a commission if you make a purchase through them. This is at no cost to you and will not affect your shopping experience. I only recommend products that I love and use myself.
That is when I came across, The Morning Miracle by Hal Elrod, I highly recommend this book. I was feeling so desperate for a change, I was willing to try anything, so I sat down and downloaded the book on Audible.
“Hal Elrod is a genius and his book The Miracle Morning has been magical in my life. What Hal has done is taken the best practices, developed over centuries of human consciousness development, and condensed the ‘best of the best’ into a daily morning ritual. A ritual that is now part of my day.”
After finishing Hal’s book I decided to create a morning routine, I mean after all, what do I have to lose except maybe some sleep. At first, I started by getting up an hour earlier than I normally do, which was 6:30am and then it snowballed from there. Shortly after I started this morning routine my life started to change. I will tell you how and why a little bit later in this article. First I would like to share with you my morning routine.
My Morning Routine
- The alarm goes off at 4:30AM. I know most of you are thinking, “Damn Brittany that is earlier” You are right it is early! Like I said above I started getting up an hour earlier at first but I began to love my morning routine so much that I started adding more and more things to my routine, therefore I started getting up earlier and earlier. TIP: Move your phone far away from your bed so that you do not snooze and go back to sleep. Moving your phone away from your bed, helps you to get up and start moving.
- Tea and Water. While I am still in wake-up mode I go out into my kitchen and start making some tea, I usually drink Postive Energy Tea because it has a little bit of caffeine in it to help wake me up. I make sure my water is very cold, I will usually fill up a glass and leave it in my fridge overnight so that it is extra cold and it helps to wake you up even more.
- Sit outside. Since it is summer time and I love to be outdoors, I will go sit outside and let the sun hit my face. This helps to wake me up and I also feel connected to spirit when I am outside. In the winter time, I have a separate meditation space that I will use.
- Listen to or read one chapter of a book. While I enjoy my water and tea outside I listen to one chapter of a book on Audible. I have many books on Audible, it is now my favorite way to enjoy a book. Don’t get me wrong I still open a real book every now and then but when you are a busy working mom like me and you want to make sure you get some reading in, Audible is the easier option for me.
- Make Breakfast. Now that I am awake I can fuel my body, it is now time for breakfast. (sometimes while I am making breakfast I will continue to listen to my book)
- Exercise. Now that my body has some fuel and some energy I can work out. I will usually do a 20-30 minute workout through my Beachbody.com on-demand account.
- Meditate After I get my work out in, I like to go sit back outside and meditate. I will sit outside and meditate for 15-30 minutes. Meditating daily is the most important part of my morning routine to me. Even if I miss a book or exercise, I will never miss meditation. Meditation does so many amazing things for your mind, body, and spirit that it is a priority for me to get this in daily.
- Journal A lot of the time after I meditate I feel so inspired and all these ideas are just flooding in so I journal for about 10 minutes or so every morning. I also add a daily affirmation and set my intentions in my journal.
- Start my day Now it is time to start my day, time to get ready for work, time to be a mom.
Why adding a morning routine changed my life.
Like I said before, I felt stuck in so many areas of my life. I am a firm believer in shaking things up and changing so that we can continue to grow as humans and connect to our elevated, highest self.
Adding a morning routine gives me time for myself, time to reconnect with myself before I have to put on my different hats for the day. I am not just a boss or a mommy, I AM me and I feel it is very important to connect with myself daily.
It helps me to set my intentions for the day. Now I can go to work and motivate my team and have a successful day.
I am a more patient mother because I am actually taking the time out to care for and develop myself every morning.
Having a morning routine has helped keep me inspired. Taking time to meditate daily, helps me clear my mind so other ideas and inspiration can come flooding in.
Adding in a morning routine has allowed me to be a better mother, girlfriend, boss and still have time to write my blog, help to motivate and inspire others, be a better health and fitness coach and just be ME!
I am still in my same position at work but I was able to add in a few side things, like this blog, yoga instructor, and health and fitness coach. Because I added in these side things and I am fully focused on these things. I don’t feel stuck and it has helped me be a better boss when I am at work.
I am still in the same house but I deep cleaned the shit out of it. Redecorated it, washed walls and did some energy clearing through smudging. Now it feels like a new place.
Shaking things up and adding a morning routine helped bring some issues to the surface in my relationship. I was able to finally open up about how I was feeling and now our relationship couldn’t be better.
So you see Mornings really do cause Miracles. Now tell me do you have a morning routine? And if so, how has your routine created miracles for you? Comment below and don’t forget to like and share!